If you’re looking to start an online store, you may be wondering about the fees associated with using a platform like Shopify. One of the most common questions business owners ask is whether Shopify takes a cut of their sales.
In this article, we’ll answer that question and give you a breakdown of Shopify’s pricing structure.
Does Shopify Take a Cut of Your Sales?
The short answer is yes, Shopify takes a transaction fee for each sale made on its platform. However, the transaction fee is only applied if you use Shopify Payments to process payments. If you use a third-party payment gateway, such as PayPal or Stripe, Shopify does not take a transaction fee.
The amount of the transaction fee varies depending on which Shopify pricing plan you’re on. Here’s a breakdown of the transaction fees for each plan:
- Basic Shopify: 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction
- Shopify: 2.6% + 30¢ per transaction
- Advanced Shopify: 2.4% + 30¢ per transaction
It’s worth noting that these fees are in addition to any fees charged by your payment gateway.
Shopify’s Monthly Pricing
In addition to transaction fees, Shopify charges a monthly fee for using its platform. Here’s a breakdown of the monthly pricing for each plan:
- Basic Shopify: $29 per month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify: $299 per month
Each plan comes with different features and benefits, such as the ability to create gift cards or professional reports. If you’re just starting out, the Basic Shopify plan may be a good place to start, but as your business grows, you may want to consider upgrading to a higher plan to take advantage of more advanced features.
Other Fees to Consider
In addition to the monthly and transaction fees, there are a few other fees to keep in mind when using Shopify:
- Credit card fees: These fees are charged by your payment gateway for processing credit card payments. The fees vary depending on your payment gateway, but are typically around 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction.
- App fees: If you use third-party apps to add additional features to your store, those apps may come with their own fees.
- Domain fees: If you want to use a custom domain for your store, you’ll need to purchase one separately. Shopify offers domain registration for $14 per year.
So, does Shopify take a cut of your sales? Yes, but only if you use Shopify Payments to process payments.
The transaction fee varies depending on which pricing plan you’re on. In addition to transaction fees, Shopify charges a monthly fee for using its platform, as well as other fees such as credit card fees and app fees.
Before choosing a plan, be sure to consider all the fees associated with using Shopify and decide which plan is best for your business.
Md Tangeer Mehedi Is A Skilled Blogger, Website Designer, And Digital Marketing Expert With A Proven Track Record Of Delivering Effective Solutions.
With Extensive Experience In Google Ads And SEO, Mehedi Has Helped Businesses Achieve Their Online Marketing Goals.
His Dedication And Passion For Excellence Make Him A Sought-after Professional In The Field. Follow His Blog For Insights And Tips On Website Design, Digital Marketing, And More.